The kite department has grown immensely over the past 6 years with a 1000% increase. Kites are an intricately detailed product so every stage of the production line must be perfect. Precision is what Aqua Dynamics prides itself on and each of the sewing operator is highly skilled in their area of expertise, working efficiently and effectively to bring the tailor made pieces to the assembly line.
|Telephone: +9431-5553500||Email: email@example.com|
Team Leader: Mr. Nimal
Mr Nimal came from the Sri Lankan Air Force in 1996 where he was an Aircraft Technician. Starting out as a Product Manager for stunt and trainer kites he took a break from Aqua Dynamics for a year. Spending that time as an Airline Technical Data Controller in the Maldives, he returned in 1999 and has never looked back.
Heading up the Paragliding, Kitesurfing and Tent departments Mr Nimal is vital part of the Aqua Dynamics functioning. He is proud of everything that he and his team have achieved, developed and implemented into the factory.
Production Manager: Ms. Roshana
Ms. Roshana came to Aqua Dynamics 20 years ago as a trainee and has grown to be one of the two key parts of the slick operation that is the kite department. Starting out in pattern making, sampling and production at a time when kiteboarding was a new sport, there were no team leaders with knowledge of the product so she always had to think for herself and implement her own solutions. Now, heading up the kite department she is proud of her achievements and is able to pass on her years of experience to help others grow a refine their skill and knowledge base.
- There is over 100 years of experience between the Team Leaders.
- Over 100m of zipper is used per day for kitesurfing bags alone.
- More than 2300m of Twill Tape is used per day for seat covers.
- Printing uses 8.000 kgs of ink per year.
- More than 1.000.000 running meters of sail, spinnaker and bag cloth is used per year.
- Aqua processes over 3.000.000 meters of lines yearly.
- Over 500 kg of sewing thread is used per year.